Thank you for visiting the official Earth Celebration (EC) website.
This is a guide to all events so you can fully enjoy EC. This festival that we all create together. We thank you for your warm cooperation.
To All Earth Celebration Guests
Earth Celebration is an event that is made possible by the cooperation of countless people and with the understanding of the local communities. In order for everyone to be able to enjoy the festival fully and without any trouble, we ask that you observe these rules:
- Illegal activities such as driving while intoxicated, illegal parking, underage drinking and smoking, and possession of any illegal substance or objects are strictly prohibited.
- Please avoid the playing of taiko drums and other musical instruments, intoxication and loud parties at night at the Harbour Market, public parks and campsites and anywhere else where such activities would cause trouble for local neighbors or other participants. Furthermore, in the event that any such disorderly conduct takes place within the Harbour Market Live venue, the responsible parties and their group will be expelled from the venue.
- We do not take any responsibility for any accidents, thefts or any other incidents that take place within any EC venue. Please be aware and responsible for your own possessions.
- There are limited garbage receptacles in concert venues and surrounding areas. As much as possible please take your own garbage home and follow the guidelines for separating your garbage and recyclables.
Regarding photographs, audio and video recordings
- Harbour Market Live Concerts, EC Theatre, Tatako-kan presents
Taking photographs, video and/or audio recordings, live broadcasting of performances via UStream and other platforms are strictly prohibited. Whether through from smartphone, tablet, cell phone, recorder and/or laptop, if you are caught recording performances, you will be required to delete the recording data from your devices. Failure to comply will result in expulsion from the venue.
- Workshops, Seminar
Taking photographs, video and/or audio recordings, live broadcasting of performances via UStream and other platforms are strictly prohibited. Photographs may be taken after workshops of participants and instructors, but we ask that you be mindful of inconveniencing the other participants.
- Events at the Fringe and Harbour Market
We have no restrictions on video and audio recordings, live broadcasting of performances via UStream and other platforms. However we ask that you be mindful of inconveniencing other attendees. The same consideration also applies to programs featuring KODO members. In some cases, at the request of artists performing in the Fringe, we may prohibit video and audio recordings. Furthermore, we ask for your cooperation if a staff member requests that you move or change your recording location or methods.
Earth Celebration Executive Committee takes no responsibility for any conflicts or trouble that may arise from copyright issues regarding photographs or videos taken by audience members.
- Regarding official cameramen and the press
The Earth Celebration Executive Committee has official camerapersons documenting events for archival and promotional purposes. We also permit members of the press who have submitted requests to document and cover events.
– Official cameraperson: black armbands (KODO)
– Members of the press authorized by EC Executive Committee: blue armbands (Earth Celebration Press)
These authorized parties may be documenting audiences at the Harbour Market Live concerts and other EC venues; if you prefer not to be photographed or filmed, please do not hesitate inform the cameraperson directly.
Earth Celebration Committee
- Kodo Village, 148-1 Ogi Kanetashinden, Sado, Niigata 952-0611, Japan
- Tel. （Mon-Fri, 9:30-17:00）Fax. 0259-86-3631
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org