HOLD A STALL AT HARBOUR MARKET (Applications Closed)
Hold A Stall at Harbour Market
Harbour Market is a lively marketplace that pops up for three days during EC. If you’d like to hold a stall, we love to hear from you! With sea views and good vibes, it’s the place to be!
The market will be held with the addition of COVID-19 countermeasures for everyone’s safety and peace of mind.
Applications have closed. Thank you for all those who applied!
- Dates & Times
- Aug. 19 (Fri) 10:00–21:00
Aug. 20 (Sat), 21 (Sun) 10:00–20:00
*Times may be subject to change
- Ogi Port Park
(The area for stalls at EC 2022 will be smaller than in previous years)
- Application Period
- June 1 (Wed) – June 20 (Mon)
- Stall Types
- (A) Food/Drink Stalls (Other than café-style stalls)
(B) Food/Drink Stalls (Café-style stalls, ie: serving coffee, cakes, sweets etc.)
(C) Merchandise Stalls (Width 3.6m x Depth 3.6m)
(D) Merchandise Stalls (Width 2.0m x Depth 2.0m)
Please note that for Food/Drink Stalls, only food trucks will be accepted this year.
- Number of Stall Spaces Available
- Food/Drink Stalls (food trucks only): Approx. 10 stalls (A + B combined)
Merchandise Stalls: Approx. 20 stalls (C + D combined)
The organizer will make the final decision as to your stall type, especially whether a food/drink stall is Type A or B. Please include the full menu or list of goods you are planning to sell at your stall when you submit your application.
- Stall Holder Fees
- (A) ¥26,000 + 10% sales
(B) ¥26,000 + 5% sales
- Traffic Management Fee
- ¥3,500 / per vehicle (includes food trucks)
- Vendor Standards and Selection Process
- Please detail the highlights and characteristics of your stall in the “Appeal Section” of the application form. The EC Festival Director will make the final decision regarding any conflicting applications.
(1) For food and drink stalls
・Dishes that include Sado-grown or Sado-made produce or products
・Dishes local to Sado or restaurants already operating on the island
・Dishes prepared with safe ingredients including organic produce or known/local farmers
・Cuisine specific to international regions
・Vendors who are hoping or planning to open a restaurant/cafe in Sado in the future
(2) For retail stalls
・Crafts or artisan items made in Sado
・Products manufactured in Sado
・Vendors selling self-made craft items
・Handmade or homemade items, craft items created by traditional artisans
・Organic, Fairtrade products
・Musical instruments, clothing and accessories specific to international regions
・Vendors who can provide workshops to customers in addition to selling one of the above items
Requirements for (1) and (2)
・Vendors must agree to operate their stall with all required COVID-19 countermeasures in place.
・Vendors must comply with all of the Earth Celebration Committee’s operation policies.
The following vendors will not be permitted:
(1) Vendors selling or handling products that may disturb or harm the public or social standards.
(2) Vendors selling or handling counterfeit goods (selling another person’s products as your own or creating fake or altered products) or copied goods (infringing upon copyrights or registered product designs).
(3) Vendors with unpaid or outstanding fees from past stalls.
- How to Apply
- Applications have closed.
- Notice of Selection Results
- Vendors will receive notification of selection results by July 15 (Fri).
- Earth Celebration Committee (Attention: Toshiaki Negishi, Hirofumi Uenoyama)
c/- Kodo Cultural Foundation, 148-1 Ogi Kanetashinden, Sado, Niigata 952-0611, Japan
Tel. +81-259-81-4100 (Mon–Fri, 9:30–17:00 [JST]）